- You want to create your own SQL‘s and are willing to maintain them.
- your environment is driven by relational data model.
- you have to work existing and complex schema’s.
And simply use Hibernate if:
- Your environment is driven by object model and wants generates SQL automatically.
To count there are few differences:
- Faster development time
- Much smaller in package size
- Generates SQL for you which means you don’t spend time on SQL
- Provides much more advance cache
- Highly scalable
Other difference is that iBATIS makes use of SQL which could be database dependent where as Hibernate makes use of HQL which is relatively independent of databases and it is easier to change db in Hibernate.
View original post 129 more words